Sab, 26 Mar|
Learn how to make pencil/crayon drawings and wash drawings on a ball grained aluminium plate and prepare and print the plate.
Time & Location
26 Mar 10.00 – 16.00 WITA
Kabupaten Gianyar, Inside Sika Gallery, Jl. Raya Campuhan, Sayan, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
About The Event
Lithography was invented by Alois Senefelder, a German author and actor in 1796/1798. This is a method of printing based on the fact that oil and water don't mix. A grease-treated image made on the surface of fine-grained limestone (later on zinc then now on aluminium), etched with gum arabic and acid, inked and printed. Ball grained aluminium plates are popular in printmaking since they have similar characteristics to lithographic limestone and are easier to work with.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to make pencil/crayon drawings and wash drawings on a ball grained aluminium plate and prepare and print the plate.
- Saturday, 12 March 2022, 10 am - 4 pm
- Saturday, 26 March 2022, 10 am - 4 pm
Workshop Fee Rp. 500.000
What you receive:
In this workshop, you will receive
- one 22.5 x 30 cm ready use aluminium plate
- 3 prints on thick, non-cotton paper (35 x 50 cm)
- hand out material on the technical knowledge
- technical assistance from our experienced Master Printer
- studio access to use the drawing materials, tools and equipment provided to finish your artwork in a total of 6 hours
- Snacks, drinks and lunch
Devfto Printmaking Institute
Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud, Bali (inside SIKA Gallery)
WA (text only) 081572930088